So why is the blog called My First Trailer?
Well, that's what it is. Our very first RV. But there's a bit more to it than that.
As I'll explain, my original thoughts for our first RV were for something more, well, complicated. Something bigger. Something with a bathroom. Something older. Something that was likely to be more of a PITA. (Something shiny and aluminium.)
But in the end we bought our 2007 T@B. It's about as simple as campers go. A queen-sized bed, a sink, a stove, and that's about it. With its pleasant rounded shape and high cuteness quotient, I was reminded of the Little People play set I had when I was young. Everything there was rounded and had a high cuteness quotient.
Hence, My First Trailer. Training wheels for the RV set. That sounds somewhat disparaging, I know, but there is virtue in simplicity. Nothing much to fix. No poop tanks to empty. No weight-distribution hitches. No need to buy a big block Suburban to haul this around.
Just a simple cute trailer for the two of us.
I'll eventually explain more how we wound up with the T@B, we'll show you stuff we do to it, and we'll show where we go camping. Should be fun.
- Tom
Well, that's what it is. Our very first RV. But there's a bit more to it than that.
As I'll explain, my original thoughts for our first RV were for something more, well, complicated. Something bigger. Something with a bathroom. Something older. Something that was likely to be more of a PITA. (Something shiny and aluminium.)
But in the end we bought our 2007 T@B. It's about as simple as campers go. A queen-sized bed, a sink, a stove, and that's about it. With its pleasant rounded shape and high cuteness quotient, I was reminded of the Little People play set I had when I was young. Everything there was rounded and had a high cuteness quotient.
Hence, My First Trailer. Training wheels for the RV set. That sounds somewhat disparaging, I know, but there is virtue in simplicity. Nothing much to fix. No poop tanks to empty. No weight-distribution hitches. No need to buy a big block Suburban to haul this around.
Just a simple cute trailer for the two of us.
I'll eventually explain more how we wound up with the T@B, we'll show you stuff we do to it, and we'll show where we go camping. Should be fun.
- Tom

No comments:
Post a Comment