Monday, March 2, 2009

Let it snow...




It's March. It's snowing. This stuff should have been done by now, but it isn't.


Our poor little T@B is sitting out in our driveway, under a blanket of new white fluff. But am I worried about it getting leaks, and eventually rotting out the floor? Nope.


That's because our T@B came with the super form-fitting factory cover. It's a really clever piece of kit. Made of some breathable material, it keeps the trailer dry. It fits exactly to the contours of the trailer. (Cleverly, all T@Bs have essentially the same outside profile, rather than other trailers that have a myriad of sizes. Plus, there isn't any extra crap on the roof, like air conditioners, for the cover to hang up on.) It even has zippers for getting into the trailer when the cover is in place. It's not all that easy to get the cover on solo, although some on the T@B mailing list say that they can manage it.


I didn't really think about getting the cover (it's about $250 discounted from various T@B dealers) when I was shopping for our trailer. We had planned to put it in a storage unit, figuring we could push it in a small one-car garage at the storage place right down the street. (It amazes me that there are that many self-storage places around: why don't people sell their extra crap on Craigslist? But I digress.) But I'm really happy to be saving the extra $150 a month by parking the trailer here.









2 comments:

  1. The cover will be good if you're hungover and need to sleep during the day in the wal-mart parking lot...

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah - don't need the cover. It has built-in shades on the windows. (So does the van - well, at least in back.)

    ReplyDelete