RV manufacturers are a lot less consistent at this than car companies. They can get away with it: hand construction, and the various components aren't that critical to one another. Consider your house: you can replace the dishwasher with another one, and the rest of the house still works OK. (Not so much with cars.)
2007 was a pretty good vintage of T@B, at least in my point of view. It has the newer Alufiber construction and they offered the floorplan that I wanted. But there are a few things I would have liked: a city water hook-up, 12 volt outlets inside, and the sleek flat-top SMEV cooktop.
Of the three, it's that cooktop I'd like the most. The flat top gives more countertop space when it's not on. And it looks cool. But not worth paying several thousand dollars more, the cost of a 2008 T@B.

Our more pedestrian cooktop didn't have a cover. Thanks to the enabler that is the T@B Yahoo group, we learned of an eBay listing from an RV surplus place that was selling them for $22. Sold. (You'd think an RV company would hold onto surplus as spare parts, but I guess not. I'm trying to get a replacement screen, but need to wait 3-4 weeks and buy an entire window surround unit.)

The cover works well, giving us another surface and it keeps cooking splatter off the back wall. For some reason, we attached it with Command adhesive strips, keeping the countertop free of holes in case we do that concours restoration, I guess.
Tom

No comments:
Post a Comment