
We spent the day in Custer State Park. Happily, the rain held off and “partly cloudy” meant just that.
Since the sun peeked through in the morning, we got up and moved quickly, going for a mountain bike ride. The path we took meandered along a fishing creek. It was very pretty - but it had fifteen stream crossings in three miles. (I counted.)

Some of these we could ride across, some of them were pretty deep. We started crossing them gingerly, balancing precariously on some slippery rocks and logs in the water. After getting our feet wet a few times, we simply resorted to walking across the creek.
After riding, we drove around the “wildlife loop,” a twenty-mile road with lots of, well, wildlife. We saw more buffalo and their young

And we got stuck in a small pack of wild mules. They unfortunately are used to cars, and come up to the windows looking for food.

We didn’t feed them but others did. A mule decided to rub its head on the side view mirror of the truck ahead of us. That seemed like a bad idea, so we slowly drove past them.
Lunch was leftovers back in the trailer, followed by a brief nap. (I love naps.) The afternoon was spent doing one fun thing - going for a hike - and one not-so-fun-thing - doing laundry. Had to be done.
A chill is setting into the air, and I’ve turned the heat pump on in the trailer for the first time. Hopefully the weather will hold for tomorrow.

Tom, This is a great blog. I feel like I am on this trip with you. You and Juliet are doing something that I would like to do. Can not wait to talk to you guys about it when you get back.
ReplyDeleteJohn B. chained to a desk in Yonkers but wish I was on the road.